COVID-19 Resident & Family Update
April 3, 2020
Dear Family and Residents:
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Ritz Lutheran Villa & Mitchell Nursing Home are providing regular updates about our ongoing efforts to protect the health of our Residents. There are now two LTC homes in Perth County with active cases of COVID-19. Both of our homes remain COVID-free. We continue to do our part to safeguard our residents’ health in the following ways:
- Visitor Policy. Our strict NO VISITORS policy remains in place until further notice. Deliveries of all supplies are ‘tailgate drop-off ‘ only and supplies are wiped down before being distributed to the floors.
- Resident Quarantine. The homes are under complete Pandemic lockdown even while neither home has a case of COVID-19. This means that there are no communal resident programs including dining. All residents are largely restricted to their rooms.
- Meal Service. The homes are both operating under tray meal service w/ paper and plastic to reduce the risk of spread.
- Social Distancing. Staff are being asked to engage in active social distancing even while they complete team huddles.
- Programs. For residents who are able, we have set up outdoor furnishings and once they don a mask for travelling through common areas are able to avail themselves of outdoor space. Our Program staff are doing 1 to 1 visits for all residents and 1 to 1 exercise and physio is still taking place.
- PPE. The homes are adequately supplied with procedural masks and N95 masks in the event that staff need to care for residents with COVID-19. We have also designated / built isolation rooms at both homes in the event we need to further isolate residents infected w/ COVID-19
A reminder that all residents and families are able to chat daily through facebook and the ipad service which we have set up at both homes. We also have regular phone service as well. The residents are holding up well for the time being and staff are continuing to do a magnificent job. Trusting that this update meets your approval. Let me know if you have further questions or email: email@example.com